Is it even possible to find peace and balance? Can you work at home, while homeschooling? How do you maintain peace or bring peace into your home especially while building a business?? First- get on your knees! But don't just pray and expect things to happen, pray and listen. For me it has been through the grace of God. He leads me to different books to read and products to use, He has encouraged me to write this blog post.
From a biblical stand point there is great discussion on a working mothers role. The Proverbs 31 woman is greatly detailed, which means these roles are clearly supposed to exist yet it so hard to find community amongst other Christian mothers. Why is that?
“She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls. She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.”
Proverbs 31:13-18 NLT
So we know it IS possible right? There are women out there who make it look so easy, is it possible? OF COURSE it is! Will it be perfect NOPE! We will have to work at it.... and this book Large Family Logistics is laid out like a handbook to give you solid concrete skills and routines to implements to help you find and keep peace in your kingdom.
What are some tangible pieces advice I can give you- To help you get and keep peace at home while providing for your family.
- Understand routine takes time. God didn't create all His glory in one day, and we are nowhere near capable of His amazingness, so give yourself and your family time.
- Start where you are. Get off of Pinterest, and take my advice with a grain of salt. Start with what you have, and with what you are capable of. Do you think you need "this or that" to start a system of keeping everything in place and everyone at bay? DON'T! Start now with simple steps.
- Compromise will need to happen to gain the greatness you are worthy of. For me I HAVE to wake up at 5:30am if I want to accomplish everything God has lined up for me. This also means there are times I'm awake late, or I'm unable to watch a show I love, or unable to have a date with a girlfriend. Compromise is temporary and I'm okay with a little bit of compromise I have to make for now.
- Know why you are doing whatever is it you're doing. Remember your ultimate duty is to be the mother and wife you were called to be. So are you attempting to build something based on the worlds and societies views and opinions? Are you being a true Proverbs31 woman?
- Stay in Gods word, give him thanks, beg for His will to be so clear to you. Keep His desires for your life first.
- Bring the kids and spouse into your ideas, and work as much as you can. My kids LOVE when they get to work with me or next to me. I typically work at the kitchen table while they snack, do their homeschool work or play in the next room. One of my hobbies turned income producing loves has become a family affair and now my husband has branched out on his own and is profiting over $1,500 a month!!
- Pick what's important. For me and my family a clean home is important, so guess what, right now I compromise gym time to clean my home myself. Instead of spending time in the gym like I would LIKE I try to get a quick workout in while cleaning. This will change, when the season is right, or I find a cleaner I love (I have had a couple) I will have that time back to spend working out like I enjoy.
- Plan and schedule accordingly. Have a planner!! I have like a million calendars! lol. I have two large calendar, one with business goals, another on the fridge with family activities, I have my Happy Planner (the gold binder in the picture below), and I input things into my phone with syncs to google calendar.
There are many things we can do to help us get our lives together (lol) to bring peace to our homes and Glory to God. I would love for you to comment below what you do to bring peace and joy into your home wether you work from home or have children, homeschooling or work outside the home?
Because I am so passionate about encouraging you to find the sweet spot to keeping the peace in your home, while remaining true to our roles as wives and mother I also launched a group on Facebook group today! November 20, where we can come together and encourage each other. I will post daily words of encouragement, tools to help you, resources to guide you and I will go LIVE once a week and do life with you. Please request to join here.